This template produces a Microsoft 365 user content migration assessment. You will discover all user mailboxes, non-users mailboxes, archives, PST files, recoverable items folders, OneDrive For Business accounts and Outlook profile reconfiguration. It also allows you to estimate the number of MigrationWiz licenses needed and the estimated licensing cost to migrate.
This is especially useful in the following use cases:
- Microsoft 365 user pre-migration assessment providing information about the source tenant users and non-user mailboxes.
- Microsoft 365 user post-migration user assessment providing information about the destination users and non-user mailboxes once the migration has been completed to compare both source and destination objects.
- General purpose Microsoft 365 user assessment.
This template will retrieve data across Microsoft 365 to generate a report detailing information about all these tenant objects and their more relevant attributes in the context of a tenant-to-tenant migration:
- Domains added to the Microsoft 365 tenant
- Mailboxes including:
- User Mailboxes
- Non-user mailboxes
- Archive mailboxes
- Inactive Mailboxes
- On hold mailboxes
- Office 365 licenses and licenses applied to users.
- Mailbox permissions:
- Non-mailbox users:
- Unlicensed users
- Guest users
- Organizational contacts
- Distribution groups and dynamic distribution groups
- Security groups and mail-enabled security groups
- SharePoint Online security groups
- OneDrive For Business accounts
- Office 365 tenant settings like role memberships
- BitTitan licenses required to migrate all objects above using BitTitan MigrationWiz
To run this report, you will require an Azure account with the rights to
- Create an application registration
- Assign admin-consent application permissions
The inbuilt Global Administrator role has these rights enabled
The App Registration created by Voleer will be assigned the following permissions:
- Read directory data
- Read all groups
- Read all users’ full profiles
- Read items in all site collections
- Read all files that user can access
- Maintain access to data you have given it access to
- Read directory data
Launch the Microsoft 365 User Content Migration Assessment template from the library and follow the instructions.
Select or create your Workspace and click Launch
When prompted, complete the device code authentication flow. Click the Sign in to your account link to open a new browser tab and enter the device code.
- You will repeat this step multiple times as well as clicking an Authorize Voleer application registration multiple times. This portion of the process is built to automatically advance to the next device code step or authorization step until you have completed all required authentication steps.
Once you have completed the authentication steps, you will be prompted to select the domains and the individual components of the assessment that you want and click Submit.
Complete this step and the tenant analysis will begin. You will see the tasks complete one after the other until you have a successful execution.
Congratulations! You will now be able to click the link and download the Microsoft 365 User Content Migration Assessment report.
If applicable: schedule the template as a recurring job