This template produces a Microsoft 365 Public Folders migration assessment. It also allows you to estimate the licensing cost to migrate the entire Office 365 Public Folder structure using BitTitan MigrationWiz.
This is especially useful in the following use cases:
- Microsoft 365 Public Folder pre-migration assessment providing information about the source tenant.
- Microsoft 365 Public Folder post-migration assessment providing information about the destination Public Folder structure once the migration has been completed to compare both source and destination Public Folders.
- General purpose Microsoft 365 Public Folders assessment.
How it works
This template will retrieve data across Microsoft 365 to generate a report detailing information about all these tenant objects and their more relevant attributes in the context of a migration:
- Domains added to the Microsoft 365 tenant
- Office 365 Public Folders
- BitTitan licenses required to migrate all objects above using BitTitan MigrationWiz
To run this report, you will require:
- Microsoft 365 account with Global Administrator, Cloud Administrator or Application Administrator permissions
- If using Cloud Administrator or Application Administrator permissions, an account with the additional permissions is required
- Global Reader in Microsoft 365 Admin Center
- User Options, Read-Only Audit Log and Read-Only Mail Recipients in Exchange Admin Center
- An Azure application has to be configured (this is created automatically in the authentication flow). The application registration will have the following permissions assigned:
- Azure Active Directory Graph
- Read directory data
- Microsoft Graph
- Read all groups
- Read all users’ full profiles
- Read items in all site collections
- Read all files that user can access
- Maintain access to data you have given it access to
- Read directory data
To start using this template, perform the following:
Launch the Microsoft 365 Public Folder Migration Assessment template from the library and follow the instructions.
Select or create your Workspace and click Launch
When prompted, complete the device code authentication flow. Click the https://microsoft.com/devicelogin link to open a new browser tab and enter the device code.
- You will repeat this step multiple times as well as clicking an Authorize Voleer application registration multiple times. This portion of the process is built to automatically advance to the next device code step or authorization step until you have completed all required authentication steps.
Once you have completed the authentication steps, you will be prompted to select the domains for the assessment that you want and click Submit.
Complete this step and the tenant analysis will begin. You will see the tasks complete one after the other until you have a successful execution.
Congratulations! You will now be able to click the link and download the Microsoft 365 User Content Migration Assessment report.
If applicable: schedule the template as a recurring job