Error Unable to load DLL 'IEFRAME.dll'

Getting this error when running several assessments. Trying to understand how to fix this.

Unable to load DLL ‘IEFRAME.dll’: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

hi Steven,
Can you elaborate on which assessments you are running and which are yielding the error message above?

thank you,
Willie

I have ran both the M365 user content migration assessment and the M365 tenant migration assessment… both end up with the same errors ultimately

Calculate BitTitan LicensesSeptember 29, 2021, 07:11:14 PM

Unable to load DLL ‘IEFRAME.dll’: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

Analyzing OneDrive For Business accountsSeptember 29, 2021, 07:10:31 PM

Exception occurred on line 153: An error occured: Unable to load DLL ‘IEFRAME.dll’: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

Analyzing OneDrive For Business accountsSeptember 29, 2021, 07:10:31 PM

Thanks for the information Steven!

This error is caused by a failure to connect to Microsoft Office 365. I’m looking into the root cause of this issue and will let you know as soon as a fix is deployed.

Hi,

Same error when i try tenant migration assesment

og messages

[Calculate BitTitan Licenses]

[Analyzing Microsoft 365 Tenant Settings]

Exception occurred on line 153: An error occured: Unable to load DLL ‘IEFRAME.dll’: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

[Analyzing Microsoft 365 Tenant Settings]

Same error when I use the Tenant Migration Assessment Tool. The tool successfully runs for about 4 hrs, then starts failing from what I noticed. I started mine this morning Sep 30th, 2021 9:46 AM, and the first error happened at September 30, 2021, 02:09:17 PM

[Analyzing Microsoft 365 mailbox permissions]
September 30, 2021, 02:09:17 PM

@Micah or @wcash - After a day of reviewing this issue, Do you have an estimate when this assessment will be functional again? We are planning a tenant migration, but running into this error.

We are actively troubleshooting and trying to find the root cause, as it is not consistent across template runs. Most are finishing successfully, which is good, but making it difficult to pinpoint. We believe that we have a fix and are smoke testing internally and will know more in about 4hrs. More to come.
We apologies for this issue and thank you for your patience as we find the resolution.

Willie

1 Like

Thanks for the update last week. Have the issues with the Tenant Migration Assessment Tool been resolved?

Also, what templates finish successfully? I am open to testing on my end.

Thanks,
Lauren

Hi Lauren,

Thank you for reaching out.

We are still seeing an issue within the M365 Tenant Migration Assessment around pulling the OneDrive usage data. The current version is 0.9.19, the template completes and the report is generated, but the OneDrive tab is empty. The engineering team is focused on finding a resolution to this issue.

Currently the only templates experiencing this issue are the M365 Tenant Migration Assessment, SharePoint Online Migration Assessment and the M365 User Content Migration Assessment. All of the other templates in Voleer are running as expected.

Hi Chris,
the issue is persisting, but only on certain M365 tenants. There is a token refresh issue when re-connecting to MSOL after the 1hr session. We are working to understand the root issue and resolve. We apologize for the delays this may be causing in accessing your reports.

thank you,
Willie

Happy to report that the DLL error and missing OneDrive report data are both resolved as of 10/5/21 @ 11am PST. You can launch a fresh instance of the template from the Voleer library and you should yield a successful outcome. Thank you all again for your patience and help in finding a resolution!

thank you,
Willie Cash
GM | Voleer @ BitTitan